The PASS software for data archiving enables you to permanently archive business data that is no longer used for operational purposes in a database. The regulatory requirements for GoBD and GDPdU-conform archiving are met in full. In addition, a comfortable GUI application is provided for easy research on the archived data stock.
We archive your challenges
- Constantly increasing data volumes in your operative IT systems lead to declining performance, increasing hardware requirements and constantly rising license and maintenance costs?
- Do you wish to switch off an application that has already been replaced operationally, but still have to continue to operate for archiving reasons?
- Would you like to replace an existing long-term archive with a technologically modern data archive?
Whatever moves you in the field of long-term archiving, with our data archiving software we offer you the suitable solution: Business data that is no longer used operationally can be archived on a long-term basis. At the same time, systems used for operational purposes can be relieved and legacy systems can be replaced.
In order to fulfill the obligations of GoBD and GDPdU-conform archiving – since the legal transition period expired on 1 January 2017 – companies have to archive digital business documents in the same way as documents in paper form. Modern software for GoBD archiving helps you to comply with the regulations.
Data is usually simply archived in the operative IT systems, although it is no longer used in day-to-day business. Over the years, the performance of these systems declines and more data center performance/hardware is added. This in turn is accompanied by rising licensing and maintenance costs for the IT systems.
Our data archiving software helps you to comply with the legal storage obligations for data according to § 257 HGB and § 147 AO – taking into account the DSGVO requirements – with concurrent relief of operational systems or in the course of the replacement of legacy systems.
With the data archiving software, data from existing applications can be archived on a long-term basis. The data remain complete and unchangeable – this is ensured among other things by a blockchain technology.
In conjunction with the PASS Migration Factory, data structures and data from the source system can be automatically transformed into the target system, even across platform and architecture boundaries.
The PASS Software Factory automatically generates user-friendly interfaces for data research based on the archive data stock.
The integrated PASS Security Component enables detailed access control with GUI support.
All accesses to the PASS data archive can be saved in an audit log/an audit database for monitoring purposes.
Users and specialists
- Reduced workload and noticeably improved performance of the operating systems
- Archived data can be easily and completely researched and retrieved
- Modern access interfaces – Web client with state-of-the-art web interface elements
- Compliance to meet all legal requirements for data archiving
- Relief of the operative systems and long-term stabilization
- Ensure technology convergence and hardware reduction
- Assurance of compliance with regulatory requirements
- Cost optimization through technology convergence and reduced hardware requirements
- Archived data is stored in a (revision) secure and access-protected manner
Independent of the database
Data can be archived from all common databases, regardless of whether it is archived from an old host system, modern ERP system or individual software.
Modern research surfaces
Modern and comfortable search interfaces are automatically generated and allow a flexible search on the dataset (search down to attribute level).
The PASS Security Component is integrated into the multi-client capable PASS data archive for the administration of users, roles and authorizations (down to field level).
AVAILABLE AS SOFTWARE OR SERVICE
Customized usage model, whether as provision of the software as a license or as an ASP solution (Application Service Provider) with operation in the PASS data centers in Germany.
Blockchain technology is used to ensure data validity. In addition to checking that data has not been changed, it enables an efficient form of implementation of audit compliance.
In the course of data migration, a web application/portal for researching the archived data stock is created with the support of access paths (e.g. from a customer to his accounts and the associated transactions) including access and access protection as well as revision security of the archived data.
- Possibility of convenient GUI-supported research on the archived data stock.
- Cost reduction in replacing legacy systems by releasing licenses and by reducing the hardware requirements of the archive system compared to the existing system.
- Guarantee of the immutability of archived data by using blockchain technology.
- Opportunity for increasing the convergence of the technology stack used because the archive system is an open system (the archive solution supports various database management systems).
The special feature of the data archiving software, in addition to meeting the mandatory requirements of a digital data archive, is the possibility of generating convenient interfaces automatically and of being able to research very flexibly via context-sensitive, specialist access paths. The PASS Security Component supports detailed authorization control down to field level.
By designing the archive system as an open system, only a single technology stack is used and a uniform company-wide standard is implemented.
The blockchain-based safeguarding of data integration provides additional security against manipulation attempts.
From strategic consulting to implementation and operation of the solutions: PASS is one of the first full-service providers in this segment and sustainably relies on automated migration and production processes that guarantee a short project duration and a powerful GUI.
Our services include:
- Quick check (1-2 working days) for preliminary analysis of the project scope
- Migration project
- Training courses
- Systems operation
|ASP = Application Service Provider||Licensing|
|Type of use||Operation of the solution for the customer in our data centers in Germany||Provision of the software as a license|
|Licences||No||Company or group license|
|Is a maintenance necessary?||No (included in the maintenance fee)||Yes, 20% of the license price, so the customer benefits from technological progress|
|Maintenance costs||Monthly, quarterly or yearly operating fee||20% of the license price|
|Is an installation necessary?||No||Yes, installation support can also be provided if required|
|Optimally suited for||Companies wishing or considering hosting systems and/or data by a service provider||Companies that do not wish to be hosted by a service provider|
Yes, depending on the scenario, ROI can be achieved shortly after implementation. If expensive legacy systems can be switched off, the immediate costs and follow-up license costs (e.g. for used commercial platform and database products) could be quickly eliminated. Furthermore, the capacity requirements for expensive storage technology in the data center are reduced. We expect an ROI < 1 year in over 90% of the application scenarios.