Data forms the basis for investment management. The quality of the data ultimately determines whether investment management is successful or not.
With our software PASS Investment Management, we have developed an attractive, web-based solution based on Java that bridges the flexibility and availability gap between standardized enterprise IT (Excel in particular) and the uncontrolled growth of data islands.
Our investement management software enables you to cover the demand for highly flexible (spontaneous) data storage, data processing, and data analysis, which enhances the quality of your data and enables you to make smart decisions. Our software is therefore the key building block for successful investment management.
Whatever sector you work in: our investment management can meet your specific requirements. The basis for this is the PASS Investment Management toolkit. This toolkit contains tools for customizing the preparation of data according to your requirements in such a way that it supports the relevant business purpose. Thanks to this freedom of design, you can completely change and expand the application data model – even during production operation.
You will receive a sophisticated software solution that also guarantees maximum expandability and adaptability. The solution has been designed to be technologically “sustainable,” and can therefore be very easily adapted to future requirements: PASS Investment Management is a purely HTML interface that requires no browser plugins (Flash, ActiveX, or Applets). In terms of its architecture, only a Tomcat or other JEE Web Container that meets Servlet specification 2.4 or higher is required.
The adaptations you make in the investment management software are mapped in “business packages.” As the admin user, you are the application designer, in that you can customize the software solution to meet your specific needs in the configuration area. With full release capability, you can add fields, define tables, and fill in selection elements.
In addition, we have developed a special business package for the corporate and banking sector, which has been derived from numerous customer projects.
The sometimes very complex requirements to the investment management were the starting point and motivation for the development of our investment management software:
- The software must automatically create a change history for each data entry. Old data should not be discarded, but preserved in the history.
- By entering a central key date, the system must travel to the specified time and then display all content with the corresponding validity. This must apply to all content, data, and documents, and must also be available for reporting.
- In investment management, it must be possible to create group graphics (group spider) easily and update them when changes are made to the investment network.
- Users must be given or denied rights to view, create, modify and delete data by means of a role concept.
- The system must generate the investment report in its entirety, incl. all chapters and graphical elements, as a PDF at the push of a button. It should not be necessary to do any subsequent work on the report.
- The system should provide convenient functions for compiling data lists and for exporting these for use in a spreadsheet program.
- In addition to the export function, the system must also support standard investment reporting. It must be possible to generate default reports at the push of a button and to store these as PDFs.
- The system must offer an integrated option for managing all the legally relevant documents, in addition to data.
- The system must also allow trained users to add new fields at any time. It must be possible to change and delete existing fields.
Single point of information with all investment-related details and work transactions including automatic and intelligent sorting of data; ensures a coherent and consistent perspective on investments
Fully automated quota calculation to meet reporting requirements for companies, plus automated generation of investment reports for public sector customers
Fulfillment of all compliance requirements, such as the secure traceability of all data management operations and the mapping of ownership structure as required under company law
Optimum fulfilment of the customer-specific business purpose through use of the PASS Investment Management toolkit or predefined (but customizable) business packages
Investment management is a highly complex task that calls for specific requirements when it comes to an appropriate IT system. The key features of our software for investment management are historization, flexibility, and controlling.
In practice, data does not accumulate continuously, but rather historically and unsystematically. You are therefore forced to update your dataset whenever historical data is transferred. As a result, several old datasets are subsequently updated. Due to compliance requirements, the data on investments must be updated on a daily basis, and can also be corrected retroactively.
The investment management software therefore maps all data in a consistent, historical database which provides a consistent picture at all times. When a central key date is entered, the system can display all content for the relevant period and provide this content for reporting purposes.
The timeline function is available here.
For PASS, flexibility is not just a buzzword, but the core of the software solution: we want you not to have to adapt to the investment management software, but to be able to adapt it freely to your requirements (while maintaining full release capability).
That’s why the our software for investment management uses a virtual data model. This means that fields and templates for the business application can be changed at any time, without the need to adapt the physical data structure in the basic database. The further development of the actual business application can therefore take place completely within the PASS user interface. The tools we provide for this are so easy to use that they can also be used by pure business users.
In concrete terms, this means that you can
data fields in all conceivable configurations and specify formulas for these. You can manage the data that is displayed in line with the relevant situation, change thedisplay (e.g. colors, shapes, decimal places), check plausibility, etc.
A powerful tool for this is the PASS Mathematics Engine, which you can use to calculate field content within the software interface online. Here, you have access to a kit comprising a variety of tools, which can be freely combined mathematically and logically, with a virtually unlimited scope of options. Each of these building blocks delivers a value that corresponds to a specific type:
|Text||"Hello World"||Display of information|
|Long text with file or image||"Hello World"||Display of information|
|Figure||1, 1.234||Integer or decimal number, mathematical calculation|
|Yes/No||true, false||Verification of conditions|
|Object||Parent AG||PASS objects via which you can access data|
|List||[1,2,3,4]||Each type can also appear as a list|
Since all key figures can also be displayed in historical form, the subsidiaries can carry out investment controlling quickly and easily based on the data provided.
The financial statement data for the companies managed can be used for this purpose and – based on our investment management system’s selection and mathematics capabilities – all conceivable KPIs (e.g. equity ratio, return on sales, return on assets) can be prepared and regularly reported on.
In addition, so-called Controlling Packages can be used: These compilations of key performance indicators are created in various categories (planned, target, actual, mid-term, projections, etc.) and for respective reference times and creation times. This enables rolling reporting on the data, as well as a comparison of planned and actual data.
This is complemented by workflow functions, an appointment reminder, a calendar function, and an e-mail notification in the event of data changes. Our investment controlling software therefore offers all the functions you need to ensure effective controlling for your investments.
|License purchase||Software leasing||Software as a Service|
|What are the main features of the model? What does PASS do?||License including extensive maintenance and services, including subscription to new versions and ticket processing||Same as license purchase||Product license including hosting of the software in our data centers in Germany|
|Billing||One-off license fee and annual maintenance fees||Monthly license fee (incl. maintenance fees)||Monthly user fee|
Many companies are faced with the immense challenge of providing a full and systematic overview of all investments. Reports and publications of the company should follow a consistent line and sums of money should be reasonably and efficiently controlled and distributed across any system.
The solution lies in the introduction of software that meets all technological and business requirements for investment management. Our highly specialized, web-based investment management software brings all data together into an uninterrupted history, ensuring its quality, completeness, and transparency. This way you will achieve comprehensive and compliant investment management with information on, for example, business, capital, shares, quotas, contracts, people, committees, and mandates – all in a historicizing database including reporting and quota calculation.
- meaningful consolidation of data and documents
- legally compliant data management, including auditing reliability, and the ability to provide information at any time
- ready-made evaluations and reports with visualization functions
- Navigation search: global search of all database content
- List search with or without conditions
- Linked search
- Editing of the list, to change similar data for several objects (on the same key date)
- Search in the client’s model, that is, not the user data (object data), but rather the model elements can be searched
Users and Specialists
- More effective working
- Automatic, seamless historicizing of data and documents
- Customizability without the expense of individual programming
- Easy data management and immediate visualization
- Clear, transparent documentation
- Homogeneous IT landscape
- Management and safe operation of a unified web system
- Single point of truth
- Simple system maintenance and update processes
- Cost optimization
- More effective use and allocation of resources
- Compliance security
- Future-proof through expandability
Yes. As a first step towards implementation of the investment management software, the customer puts together an individual list of functions, which we then use to give us direction. It would also be possible for the customer to implement his individual change requests (partly or fully) in admin mode himself. For this we would train the intended employees accordingly.
How are customers’ requests for improvement to new functions (that cannot be configured) taken into account during further development?
After the order has been placed by the customer, an integration team gradually transfers the individual functional requirements into the system. Usage and authorization concepts are documented and prepared for productive implementation. Alternatively, we can train you so that you are able to make the functional adjustments yourself.