Logistics 4.0 and Industry 4.0
Logistics 4.0 and Industry 4.0
Digitization of your transport logistics by means of individual software
Industry 4.0 was developed as a marketing concept for future projects, which open completely new possibilities for processes across the entire supply chain by continuous use of modern IT components and their intelligent networking, and therefore for development of new business cases or business models. The Logistics 4.0 concept transfers the approach of Industry 4.0 to the logistics sector and targets the typical challenges of the sectors – such as:
- Complete digitization of data exchange along the entire supply chain
- Real-time use of data (Big Data), information and events to support actions
- Use of IT components from everywhere by means of mobiles, wearables, etc.
- Active decision support by means of IT with modern algorithms and artificial intelligence (AI)
Individual software solutions at the price of standard software
Are you looking for an individually tailored solution because commercial off-the-shelf software does not meet your ideas and requirements correctly? With our extensive database of reusable software components and our PASS Software Factory, we can implement your individual software solution.
Easily assembled reusable components
By combining basic components and our approach of automated software production, the basic framework of the individual industry or logistics software is created, which can then be individually extended in any vertical integration of manufacture. Reuse in a short time-to-market results in a cost-attractive yet "individual standard software".
Components of individual software
The following components can be used as part of your individual software solution for Industry 4.0 or Logistics 4.0:
The mobile app framework offers basic functionalities and integration for mobile applications for iOS or Android.
The integration framework offers a set of technology/methodology tools for the realization of platform-independent real-time interfaces (or near-time) for Industry/Logistics 4.0 needs.
The portal framework contains pre-programmed portal-based technology and standard application solutions.
Modern NoSQL solutions for managing large data volumes are offered in the Big Data handling module.
The geo & map framework provides the geo information and services usually required in logistics software, such as map data or geocoding.
Our established optimization libraries and methods help in the automated solution of problems by the software.
In addition to many other basic technical and functional components to realize your requirements, we also offer operation from the PASS cloud in our ISO-certified data centers located in Germany.
Think big, start small, learn and scale fast
A lot of people think that Industry 4.0 and Logistics 4.0 projects are large, expensive and risky. In addition, we often hear that the established processes are not affected by digitization. For these reasons, projects are often delayed or not even tackled in the first place.
Our reference projects show that even smaller solutions can have major effects. The road to digitization can be taken in small steps by both mid-size and large companies. Often smaller, subordinate or secondary business processes have an enormous digitization potential and the corresponding projects can be quickly proven with a positive ROI.
- Several locations and customers with independent ERP systems and duplicates in the master data files
- No unique business point of view in regard to the value and history of a customer
- Incomplete data quality, particularly in regard to cross-client sales activities
Description of the solution
- Consolidation of customers, assets, contracts, sales, etc., into a central master data management
- Cleansing and combining of data during the process of integration
- Lightweight sales tool for the call center employees and sales staff
- Integration framework for connection of the customer ERP systems
- Big Data analytics for management of duplicates
- Portal framework for display of the solution in the browser
- Microsoft Office integration
- Control of the entire yard, plant and intralogistics from Wiesel to the forwarding agent via telephone and acclamation
- Flat-rate billing of external service providers independent from the actual service performance
- Intransparency with regard to transshipment volumes and the whereabouts of shipments
Description of the solution
- Complete digitization of service recording via smartphone
- Automated workflow right up to service settlement in SAP
- Awarding of service contracts as tender management platform over smartphones or web portal
- Integration framework for the connection of smartphone and SAP
- Mobile framework for the realization of iOS and Android apps
- Portal framework for displaying the solution in the browser
- Operation in the PASS cloud
Next generation letter sorting
- Daily sorting of 64 million letters distributed across 82 mail centers in Germany
- At least 80 % of the shipments have to be delivered within 24 hours
- Machine sorting of the letters up to delivery sequence
- Takeover of a heterogenic release and system landscape
- Consolidation of the different artifacts to a complete software ready for production
- Expansion of the system and new sorting process (such as order of priority)
- High-availability Java EE Client Server architecture
- High performance Oracle database procedures in the GRID
- Implementation strictly according to the customer’s procedure model
This could also be your solution...
- Do you have a similar challenge to the ones described here or shown by our standard solutions?
- Do you have an idea how you would like to digitize a business process or parts of it?
- You want to take a smart path towards Industry 4.0?
We are happy to support you with our solutions, our concepts, our expert knowledge and our creativity. Please contact us for further information.