The new generation travel agent selling platform has been developed together with the global franchise system Lufthansa City Center (LCC) to provide travel agencies and TMCs with a modern, flexible and modular tool that meets the requirements of today as well as in the future. The platform is based on many years of professional and technological know-how from the travel industry and enables users to integrate the complex NDC world into the booking process with just a few clicks in a simple way. Known as Bridge-IT, the tool has been an integral part of the booking technology at LCC offices since 2018. The travel agent selling platform is continuously being expanded with new content sources and features.
From offer management through booking to post-booking processes of various service providers from different distribution channels (NDC, GDS and non-GDS content), everything is united in one clear web interface of the travel agency booking system.
PASS Travel Agent Desktop (TAD) is based on our backend system Travel XML API XX1 as well as our middleware platform Travel Web API iXX1 and thus enables access to Global Distribution Systems (GDS), IATA's New Distribution Capability (NDC), further direct connections as well as Low Cost Carriers (LCC) and aggregators for flight, hotel and car rental. Furthermore, the travel agency booking system offers comprehensive integration with profile, midoffice and backoffice systems as well as other travel service providers.
In addition to the Travel Agent Desktop, other applications can also be developed on top of our middleware and then use the existing services and rules. Such a solution could be, for example, a business travel management system (desktop, mobile, chat bots, etc.) or a duty-of-care platform.
Why use the PASS travel agency booking system?
Today agents have to book and process travel services via different travel agent selling platforms in order to provide their customers with the best offer. The decentralized handling does not follow a uniform, automated process. In some cases, data is stored redundantly in different systems. Our comprehensive all-in-one travel agency solution is used for efficient handling as well as processing of travel bookings. Travel agents can simultaneously search, book and process a large number of fares from different sources in one interface instead of centrally. The processes for handling bookings as well as customer communication are standardized and automated. This improves the customer experience and enables billing and reporting at corporate level. It ensures full content, optimized processes and higher customer satisfaction. Additional services such as lounge vouchers or extra baggage can be easily sold.
We would be happy to present the Travel Agent Desktop to you in a personal online appointment without obligation. Arrange your appointment for a live demo now.
Combined display of all results from different booking channels as well as booking of different travel services in one tool (full content) provide travel agents with transparency about the possible rates as well as access to all offers and bookings.
Other revenue sources
Increased consulting quality/efficiency through integrated cross-selling. Automatic display of ancillary services relevant to the booking and sales tips/promotions. Option to dynamically display safety and advice notes for destinations via a rules engine or API.
Customizability of the travel agency software to your requirements. Integration of other functions, content providers, profile/midoffice/backoffice systems. An additional rules interface and the integrated Rules Engine allow process interventions and individual optimization.
Range of functions
The Travel Agent Desktop offers a comprehensive range of functions: From pre-booking to booking to post-booking as well as end-to-end workflow automation with permanent optimization and extension.
High data security
Data security through hosting in our ISO-certified PASS Data Center in Germany. PASS also takes into account the data protection requirements through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
The Travel Agent Desktop System is easy for users to operate because it provides an intuitive and modern graphical user interface (GUI). Therefore, it can be implemented quickly and with little training effort.
The following partner systems and open source tools are currently integrated into our travel agency booking system:
- Amadeus (GDS)
- Low-cost interface Amadeus Extended Air Choice (EAC)
- Eurowings Direct Connect (DC)
- Eurowings operator content
- Lufthansa Group (Lufthansa, Swiss International Air Lines, Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, Eurowings, Eurowings Discover) (DC NDC)
- Singapore Airlines (DC NDC)
- Air France KLM (DC NDC)
- Mid office/ERP system Midoco (transfer of data to mid office/ERP system)
- Back office system from ta.ts (transfer of data to SAP back-office Ibiza)
Additional connections are possible if required. All the important GDS and many other systems are already connected in PASS XX1 and can thus be provided in the shortest possible time. Here you can find the overview of the available connections:
The dashboard provides a convenient overview of the following functions:
- Selecting the traveler profile or entering a new traveler
- Search of existing PNRs
- Claim PNR: loading of group and individual bookings of an airline for further processing
- Search of offers and travel documents
- Queue Management: display of all queues, creation of new SPNR queues as well as display of imported PNRs from external systems (e.g. OBEs like Atlatos, Onesto, Cytric, SAP Concur)
The travel agency solution enables an extensive and structured flight search with the following query options:
- Round-trip, one-way, multi-trip search and search parameters (such as corporate rates incl. baggage allowance, only re-bookable or only refundable fares, as well as extensive result filters)
- Availability query including various fare options (such as FXA and FXX, fare family and fare base query)
- Fare search by time (branded fares display) and by price incl. additional fare options and one-way price comparisons
- Fare quote query
- Flight plan query
The intelligent shopping cart guides agents, across all booking channels, more quickly through the desired trip booking:
- Automatic prepopulation of all relevant existing data and content for booking
- Structured itinerary display and easy addition of further travel services (such as flight, hotel, car)
- For flights: graphical seat selection and choice of ancillary services
- For rental cars: choice of optional services and insurances
- Automatically and manually add Other Service Information (OSIs), Service Requests (SSRs), remarks, or Advanced Passenger Information System (APIS)/Transportation Security Administration (TSA) data.
- Additional data collection via AirPlus
After booking the contents of the shopping cart, a Super PNR is generated. This includes all services of a trip, regardless of the original distribution channel. The contents of the PNR can be further edited. This includes in particular:
- Manual pricing
- Issuing of Ticket/EMD
- Add ancillary services
- Add seat
- Split PNR
- Notification management (flight schedule changes, airline notifications, etc.)
- Refund (partial refund, tax refund, EMD refund)
- Possibility to
- create and send various offers before the booking, as well as
- after the booking corresponding booking confirmations incl. calendar entry can be sent to the customer.
- All actions are performed at the SPNR level so that services from different sources can be represented in a unified itinerary.
- The itinerary is flexible and dynamically structured and can be easily adapted to your needs. Travel agency or customer logos are controlled from the master data.
- Notes, advertising banners and other texts or text modules are contributed.
- Individual notes can be added in the booking process by the travel agent.
- In addition, other documents can be attached to a mail.
- In general, colors, font and font size are customizable in the standard. Further adjustments like changed tables are possible, but with additional effort.
Our travel agency booking system is characterized by a wide range of functions. In addition, there are many other features, such as:
- Parallel working through multi-sessions
- Change/access to another travel agency without logging out (if authorized, e.g. call center on behalf of several branches)
- Keyboard shortcuts for faster navigation
- Multi-language capability (German and English, expandable to other languages)
- Quick search entries
- Amadeus terminal (cryptic commands)
- Rules Engine (for e.g. auto ticketing, queue management, file finishing, missed savings, filtering of results, quality checks, promotions, dynamic filling of marketing portlet, contributing dynamic content (text and banners) to mails)
The following tasks and settings can be performed in the administration area:
- Master data management (organization as well as users, roles and rights)
- Itinerary management (e.g. advertising banners, standard attachments, etc.)
- Setup and management of custom rules (such as queue events, remark control)
- Definition of default settings
For users and the business department
- Automated, optimized processes and consistent data quality
- Prepopulated data contents
- Improved customer service
- Intuitive use
- Consistent look and feel of all offers, bookings, etc.
- Parallel working possibilty through multi-sessions
For IT or division managers
- Easy deployment of the travel agency booking system as a web app with support for all major web browsers
- No installation required
- Optimal use on the monitor, laptop or tablet
- PASS Travel API XX1 and thus the provision of travel data can also be integrated into other front-end solutions (OBT, chatbot, apps, etc.)
For decision makers/management
- New revenue opportunities and savings potential
- Future-proof software for travel agencies/TMCs
- Independence from travel suppliers
- High security standards
- Fully customizable travel agent selling platform and customer communications to your corporate look and feel
- Training for the different travel service providers is no longer necessary, as a consistent look and feel is achieved
In TAD (Travel Agent Desktop), is it also possible to set up protected customer accesses for self-bookers (corporate customers) who work like agents and have own PCCs, and can defined rules be managed centrally by the travel agency?
Is it possible for a business traveler to book directly through an OBE and, at the same time, the TMC can make rebookings etc. afterwards via Travel Agent Desktop?
Is it possible to book additional services in the retail platform TAD (Travel Agent Desktop), e.g. the current Fix price Upgrade of LHG (Lufthansa Group)?
Yes, services like this are supported by the TAD system and corresponding EMDs are issued. In the screenshot this is shown in the Tickets/EMD overview and the cash upgrade is displayed in the service overview of the flight. The sale of additional services can also be promoted via notes in the marketing portlet.