Today, banking transactions are increasingly conducted digitally. As reported by the Federal Statistical Office in 2017, every second bank clients in Germany carried out his or her financial transactions online. In the 25-34 years age group, 74% of bank clients made their transfers via an online account. The quality of online banking today offers a high potential for differentiation and has long since ceased to be an option for banks. Instead, it has developed into an important unique selling proposition. The key to the digital transformation of banking is the customer experience. Our innovative online banking solution is geared towards an optimal user experience, from new clients acquisition and onboarding to self-services in online banking, and makes a significant contribution to the automation and digitization of banking transactions.
The PASS E-Banking System combines user-friendly operation with high functionality and modern design. Online banking products can be completed easily and securely and bank clients can execute their financial transactions conveniently at any time and from any location. All customer correspondence (account statements, messages, etc.) can be reproduced via the digital post box and an optional long-term archive and is an important component of any digitization strategy. Numerous management functions increase ease of use and enhance the clients' security perception. Even complex rules of disposition and approval are mapped simply and comprehensibly thanks to a well thought-out user guidance. The powerful Web API according to ISO 20022 standard enables the connection of different core banking systems as well as other third-party systems. Larger customer payment orders can be transferred via XML files. Batch/mass processing is also possible.
Optimal onboarding process for new and existing customers – online product closing with digital legitimation procedures (new clients)
Innovative display of financial status, account information (graphical and tabular), account balances and any length of transaction history
Intuitive creation and authorization of payment orders (SEPA credit transfers, internal transfers, SWIFT payments, Swiss market transfer forms)
Online product closing with just a few clicks directly in the online banking system
Digital mailbox with optional long-term archiving
Comprehensive notification system (clients-specific notification rules for events, such as limits reached, balances, incoming and outgoing payments, new documents, etc.)
Highly automated onboarding process for new and existing customers
Integrated generation of PIN and access data letters possible
Administration, blocking and resetting of customer account
Information system for creating system and marketing messages
Defining individual rules for password conventions in online banking
Fast and intuitive operation
The PASS E-Banking System is a modern web interface, which can be used on various terminals due to its responsive design. At the same time, various security mechanisms are integrated into the online banking solution.
Extensive configuration functions
The internet banking solution integrates comprehensive configuration functions such as authentication, authorization systems and support for IBAN Plus and ABA routing numbers.
Interface according to ISO20022 standard
The interface enables more efficient transaction processing thanks to the uniform, bank-independent ISO 20022 international standard, while at the same time guaranteeing a high degree of future safety and easy integration of third-party providers.
Support of the intermediary business
The online banking solution supports complex joint decrees and powers of attorney with user and group concepts. This also meets the requirements of financial intermediaries such as financial advisors and trustees.
Variable usage model
The internet banking solution can be made available as a license or in the ASP model (operation in PASS's own data centers).
- Simple and secure processing of banking transactions at any time, from any location and with almost any terminal device thanks to responsive design
- Graphical presentation of the financial overview
- Support for bulk payments
- Safety features such as country restrictions and limits for transfers
- Simple connection to various core banking systems and simple customizing to the look & feel of the respective financial institution
- Powerful Web API (ISO 20022 standard)
- Flexible usage models
- Multilingual (German, English)
- Support of several markets (Germany, Switzerland, Liechtenstein) and more
IT / Department
- Can be used as web application OnDemand without local software installation
- Can be used as a module within the core banking system or independently
- Very easy to integrate into a web-based infrastructure
- Various security mechanisms, e.g. 2-factor authentication
- Easy integration of third-party applications through Web API
- Paperless communications with customers
- Optimal onboarding sets the course for the customer relationship, enables an increase in new clients acquisition and is an essential component of a digitization strategy
- Comprehensive self services increase the customer experience and thus customer loyalty and efficiency
- Client interactions are fully automated
- Uniform processes and secure data storage guarantee complete transparency
The special feature of the PASS e-banking system is that it can be used both as a component of the PASS Core Banking System and as an independent module.
We offer comprehensive services for both cases:
- Extension (incl. requirements analysis, conception and implementation project)
- Hosting in our data centers in Germany
|On-Premise (operation at the customer's site)||Software as a Service (SaaS)|
|Type of use||Licensing||SaaS|
|Licenses||One-off purchase price||The license is included in the monthly service fee.|
|Is maintenance necessary?||No, but recommended||Yes, the client benefits from the ongoing development of the product. New versions of the online banking software will be made available at certain intervals.|
|Maintenance costs||20 % of the license price (per year)||Are included in the service charge|
|Is an installation necessary?||Yes, this can be done via download or FTP transfer||Yes, this is done by the service provider/PASS|
|Optimally suited for||Banks wishing to operate the e-banking system in their own data center||Banks that wish to receive the entire service largely from a single source|
|Advantages|| a) Lower cash flow burden in subsequent years|
b) Flexibility to provide complementary services yourself or to purchase from other companies
| a) Everything from a single source |
b) Uniform service package
c) Hosting in Germany
Thanks to the included standardized interfaces according to ISO20022, the requirements of the PSD2 directive for account information and payment triggering can usually be easily implemented. However, this is strongly dependent on the core banking system used and the services to be connected. The requirements for strong customer authentication (knowledge and ownership) are covered by the use of the pushTAN process.
The following security mechanisms are integrated into the online banking solution:
- Login/2 Factor Authentication
- Strong customer authentication via pushTAN for the release of transactions – further procedures can be integrated on request
- Authentication, including via private/public key in batch mode (for mass releases)
- Clients-specific security parameters such as country restrictions and maximum amounts for outgoing payments